First in the world : community colleges and America's future
- Brown, J. Noah.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Pub., c2012.
- Physical description
- xvi, 135 p. ; 24 cm.
LB2328.15 .U6 B75 2012
- Unknown LB2328.15 .U6 B75 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Acknowledgments Foreword Richard Alfred Chapter 1: Tomorrow's Challenges Today Chapter 2: Leading with Accountability Chapter 3: Citizen Governance Chapter 4: Resources and Scarcity Chapter 5: Completion Matters Chapter 6: Leadership Imperatives Chapter 7: Moving to the Future.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- From his unique vantage point as President and CEO of the Association of Community College Trustees, J. Noah Brown writes about the intersection between community colleges and America's need to regain economic momentum and its position as first in the world with respect to college attainment. By connecting past economic and education policies and investments to possibilities for the future and continued national progress, Brown reminds us that restoring America's prominence is within reach. More importantly, he succinctly advocates for the power of community colleges to increase educational attainment, thereby reducing income inequality by allowing more Americans to access real economic opportunity.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- J. Noah Brown.
- American Council on Education series on community colleges
- Community college series