Post-secondary education and technology : a global perspective on opportunities and obstacles to development
- New York, NY : Palgrave Macmillan, 2012.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xiv, 279 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- International & development education.
LB2395.7 .P67 2012
- Unknown LB2395.7 .P67 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction: Education, ICT, and International Development-- R.Clothey, S.Austin-Li & J.C.Weidman PART I: POLICY DEBATES ICT in Education Policies and National Development: Why the 'Twain' Should Meet (But Could Not)-- M.del Rosario Rich Media Technologies: Opportunities in Australian Higher Education-- R.Smyth, T.Andrews, R.Caladine & J.Bordujenko Learning Center Based Community College Model with Separation of Education Infrastructures and Program Providers, Minghua Li PART II: CAPACITY BUILDING Innovative Learning Support for Teaching Large Classes, Charl Wolhuter, H.J.Steyn, E.Mentz & F.J.Potgieter Success Factors in the Implementation of eLearning in a UK Higher Education Institution or eLearning at the University of Portsmouth: the Case of One Faculty-- T.Coverdale-Jones ICT Enabled Scalable Workshops for Engineering College Teachers in India-- K.Kannan & K.Narayanan Taking Teacher Certification in Specialized Subjects Online: Lessons Learned from Preparing Special Education Teachers to Become Highly Qualified in Math-- E.Clay & M.Miller PART III: REACHING UNDESERVED POPULATIONS The International Negotiation Modules Project: Using Simulation to Enhance Teaching and Learning Strategies in the Community College-- R.Latiner Raby, J.P.Kaufman & G.Rabb Using ICT as a Vehicle for Non-Formal Learning and Women's Empowerment in Rural Tanzania-- D.Ettling & M.Marquise Blended Learning for Female Empowerment: A UAE Case Study-- R.Tamim Educational Accessibility for African Refugees: Challenges and Opportunities-- S.Wa-Mbaleke.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- As the global commitment to educational access has become enshrined in all levels of society, new technologies have also been developed that hold tremendous promise for enabling these goals. This new reality provides vastly expanded possibilities for inter.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- edited by Rebecca Clothey, Stacy Austin-Li and John C. Weidman.
- International & development education