The goals of competition law
- Corporate Author
- ASCOLA. Workshop on Comparative Competition Law (5th : 2010 : Bonn, Germany)
- Cheltenham, UK ; Northampton, MA, USA : Edward Elgar, c2012.
- Physical description
- xi, 512 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- ASCOLA competition law.
K3850 .A6 A82 2010
- Unknown K3850 .A6 A82 2010
- Zimmer, Daniel.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Pt. I. Normative foundations of competition law
- On the choice of welfare standards in competition law / Louis Kaplow
- What is competition? / Maurice E. Sucke
- Characteristic aspects of competition and their consequences for the objectives of competition law : comment on Stucke / Andreas Fuchs
- The multiple personalities of EU competition law : time for a comprehensive debate on its objectives / Laura Parret
- The goals of European competition law : some distortions in the literature : comment of Parret / David J. Gerber
- Thinking inside the box : why competition as a process is a sui generis right : a methodological observation / Oles Andriychuk
- Legal interpretation and practice versus legal theory : reconciliation of competition goals : comment on Andriychuk / Anca Daniela Chirițǎ
- On the normative foundations of competition law : efficiency, political freedom and the freedom to compete / Frank Maier-Rigaud
- Efficiency, political freedom and the freedom to compete : comment on Maier-Rigaud / Heike Schweitzer
- Economic content of competition law : the point of regulating preferences / Adrian Künzler
- On th difference of methodology in jurisprudence and economics : comment on Künzler / Iwakazu Takahashi
- Do words matter? : a discussion on words used to designate values associated with competition law / Paul Nihoul
- On words and on shifting their meaning : comment on Nihoul / Josef Bejček
- Antitrust pluralism and justice / Abayomi Al-Ameen
- Antitrust pluralism and justice : comment on Al-Ameen / Michael S. Gal and Eran Fish
- Pt. II. Selected issues related to the goals of competition law
- The single market imperative and consumer welfare : irreconcilable goals? : exploring the tensions amongst the objectives of European competition law through the lens of parallel trade in pharmaceuticals / Matteo Negrinotti
- Goals of union competition law on regulated markets : pharmaceutical industry and parallel trade : comment on Negrinotti / Luboš Tichý
- Excessive pricing and the goals of competition law / Thomas Ackerman
- Excessive pricing and the goals of competition law : an enforcement perspective : comment on Ackermann / Jörg Philipp Terhechte
- China's anti-monopoly law : agent of competition enhancement or engine of industrial policy? / Xiaoye Wang and Jessica Su
- China's anti-monopoly law : agent of competition enhancement or engine of industrial policy? : comment on Wang and Su / Deborah Healey
- Reflections on the concepts of 'economic freedom', 'free competition' and 'efficiency' from the perspective of developing countries / Mor Bakhoum
- A social approach to the goals of competition law in developing countries : comment on Bakhoum / Karounga Diawara
- Competition law goals in agricultural markets : a Latin American perspective / Juan David Guitiérrez Rodriguez
- Agricultural markets and competition policy in Latin America : conflicts of goals, rules and enforcement policies : comment on Guitiérrez Rodriguez
- The basic goal of competition law : to protect the opposite side of the market / Daniel Zimmer.
- Publication date
- edited by Daniel Zimmer.
- ASCOLA competition law
- "The Fifth ASCOLA Workshop on Comparative Competition Law."
- Conference held in Bonn, from May 27-29, 2010.