Financing schools and educational programs : policy, politics and practice
- Ramirez, Al, 1947-
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2013.
- Physical description
- xii, 243 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
LB2825 .R33 2013
- Unknown LB2825 .R33 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Chapter 1 Dimensions of Education Finance Chapter 2 Historical Perspectives on Funding Chapter 3 Money and Learning Chapter 4 School Finance and the Courts Chapter 5 Equity and Adequacy Chapter 6 State Finance Systems Chapter 7 Alternative Funding Systems Chapter 8 Federal Funds Chapter 9 Employee Compensation Chapter 10 Revenue for Schools Chapter 11 Understanding Budgets Chapter 12 School Facilities Chapter 13 Securing Grant Funds Chapter 14 Future Trends in School Finance Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Al Ramirez writes on the subject of how the public schools in the United States are financed and how other funds are raised for educational programs in elementary and secondary schools. A context for public school finance is provided throughout the volume by grounding each topic in historical, policy, political, and common practice, so the work spans both the theoretical and practical aspects of the subject matter. The text is written primarily for graduate students in programs for education leadership, administration, policy studies, public administration, public finance and public accounting. The content will also serve as a resource for practitioners and education policy leaders, e.g., school board members, foundation program officers, legislators, and policy analysts at the local, state and national levels. Each chapter is structured so as to enhance the book's value to pre-service students preparing for entry-level school administration positions as well as candidates for advanced degrees who need more research based theoretical content on school finance. The author recognizes that each state has its own unique funding approach and guides readers to state resources that supplement the books content.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Al Ramirez.