Managing reform in universities : the dynamics of culture, identity and organizational change
- Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire : Palgrave Macmillan, 2012.
- Physical description
- x, 248 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Issues in higher education (New York, N.Y.)
LB2341 .M2787 2012
- Unknown LB2341 .M2787 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction: How is change in higher education managed? / Bjørn Stensaker ... [et al.]
- Change, leverage, suasion and intent: an historical excursion across three decades of change in higher education in western Europe / Guy Neave
- Change as an intellectual device and as an object of research / Taina Saarinen & Jussi Välimaa
- University strategizing: the role of evaluation as a sensemaking tool / Nicoline Frølich & Bjørn Stensaker
- Let the devil choose: frustration or anxiety in the wake of performance measurement in universities / Cláudia S. Sarrico & Ana I. Melo
- The changing culture of academic research: from organizations to networks / Amy Scott Metcalfe
- Is there a bridge between quality and quality assurance? / Maria J. Rosa & Alberto Amaral
- Students' perceptions of quality assessments: is there an option besides treating them as consumers? / Sónia Cardoso
- Exploring new academic identities in turbulent times / Mary Henkel
- 'That's dangerous': autonomous development work as a source of renewal in academia / Keijo Räsänen
- The interplay of organizing models in higher education: what room is there for collegiality in universities characterized by bounded autonomy?
- Kerstin Sahlin
- The management of academic culture revisited: integrating universities in an entrepreneurial age / David D. Dill
- Conclusion: New practices and identities as drivers of cultural change / Jussi Välimaa, Bjørn Stensaker & Cláudia S. Sarrico.
- Publication date
- edited by Bjørn Stensaker, University of Oslo, Norway, Jussi Välimaa, University of Jyväskylä, Finland, and Clàudia S. Sarrico, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Technical University of Lisbon, Portugal.
- Issues in higher education