Probability, random variables, and random processes : theory and signal processing applications
- Shynk, John Joseph.
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, c2013.
- Physical description
- xxvi, 768 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
QA274 .S53 2013
- Unavailable QA274 .S53 2013
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 743-753) and index.
- "Probability is ubiquitous in every branch of science and engineering. This text on probability and random processes assumes basic prior knowledge of the subject at the undergraduate level. Targeted for first- and second-year graduate students in engineering, the book provides a more rigorous understanding of probability via measure theory and fields and random processes, with extensive coverage of correlation and its usefulness. The book also provides the background necessary for the study of such topics as digital communications, information theory, adaptive filtering, linear and nonlinear estimation and detection, and more"-- Provided by publisher.
- "The proposed book is a textbook on probability and random processes for first- and second-year graduate students in engineering. It will assume basic prior knowledge of probability and random processes at the undergraduate level"-- Provided by publisher.
- Publication date
- John J. Shynk.