Teacher's guide to effective sentence writing
LB1576 .S228 2012
- Unknown LB1576 .S228 2012
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 167-172) and index.
- Part I: Background. 1. Writing Basics. 2. The Importance of the Sentence. 3. What Is Sentence Combining? Part II: Teaching and Assessment. 4. The Cognitive Challenge of Combining Sentences. 5. Types of Sentence-Combining Exercises. 6. Teaching Sentences. 7. Teaching Sentence Combining. 8. Student Grouping. 9. Assessment. 10. Sample Unit of Instruction. 11. Practice Activities. Part III: Sample Unit of Instruction, Practice Activities, and Exercises. 12. Common Grammatical Terms and Exercise Sequence. 13. Word-, Phrase-, and Clause-Length Exercises. 14. Exercises with Multiple Grammatical Elements. 15. Paragraph-Length Exercises.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This practical book provides explicit instructions for teaching sentence-level skills to students who have difficulties in this area. The author explains the key role of sentence combining in the writing process and presents effective techniques for instruction and assessment. Numerous sample lessons, practice activities, planning tips, and grammatical pointers make it easy for teachers to incorporate sentence combining and construction into the writing curriculum at all grade levels (2-12). Accessible and engaging, the book helps teachers and students experiment with different ways to arrange thoughts and produce meaningful written work.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Bruce Saddler.
- What works for special-needs learners