Venice takeaway : ideas to change British Architecture
- London : Architectural Association, c2012.
- Physical description
- 197 p. : ill. (chiefly col.), col. map ; 24 cm.
UPDATE - Library closed July 25 - Sept. 9.
The Library will be closed during its relocation to the new McMurtry Building. Please check out Art materials prior to July 25.
NA687 .V46 2012
- Unknown NA687 .V46 2012
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Publisher's Summary
- Venice Takeaway: Ideas to Change British Architecture brings together the research of ten architectural teams exhibiting in the British Pavilion at the 13th Venice Architecture Biennale. Charting a course that takes in Argentina, Brazil, China, Germany, Japan, the Netherlands, Nigeria, Russia, Thailand and the USA, the catalogue presents images and essays by the teams who travelled the world to seek imaginative responses to universal issues and explore the common ground of architecture. In addition, the book features texts by Patrik Schumacher, the show's curators Vanessa Norwood and Vicky Richardson and a foreword by Brett Steele.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- curated by Vanessa Norwood and Vicky Richardson ; commissioned by the British Council ; [editor, Alastair Donald].
- "Published on the occasion of the exhibition curated by Vanessa Norwood and Vicky Richardson, commissioned by the British Council; British Pavilion, 13th International Architecture Biennale, Venice, 29 August-25 November 2012; RIBA, London, 26 February-27 April 2013. Ten architectural teams travelled the world to share ideas across borders and bring back ideas to change British architecture."