National security law
- 5th ed.
- New York : Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, c2011.
- Physical description
- xliii, 1,340 p. : ill., map, port. ; 26 cm.
- Aspen casebook series.
KF4651 .N377 2011
- Unknown KF4651 .N377 2011
- Dycus, Stephen.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. xl-xli) and index.
- Providing for the "common defence" : the original understanding
- The gloss of history : an introduction to the separation of national security powers
- The president's national security powers
- Congress's national security powers
- The courts' national security powers
- The domestic effect of international law
- The right to wage war (jus ad bellum)
- International humanitarian law (jus in bello)
- How we go to war : lessons from Vietnam
- The war powers resolution
- Collective self-defense
- Unilateral self-defense and rescue
- Targeting terrorists
- Humanitarian and peace operations
- Organization and authority of the intelligence community
- Covert actions in principle and practice
- Defying oversight? dirty assets, special military operations, and contractors
- Organizing for intelligence collection
- The Fourth Amendment and national security
- Congressional authority for foreign intelligence surveillance.
- Programmatic electronic surveillance for foreign intelligence
- Third-party records and data mining
- Screening for security
- Surveillance abroad
- Preventive detention by civil authorities
- The great writ : habeas corpus before 9/11
- The great writ : habeas corpus after 9/11
- Military detention before 9/11
- Military detention after 9/11
- Interrogating terrorist suspects
- Case study : coercive interrogation by U.S. Forces after 9/11
- Extraordinary rendition
- Criminalizing terrorism and material support
- Prosecuting accused terrorists and their supporters in criminal courts
- Trial by military commission
- Homeland security
- The military's domestic rules
- Regulating access to national security information
- Statutory access to national security information
- Other grounds for access to national security information
- Restraining unauthorized disclosures of national security information
- Restraints on publication of national security information.
- Publication date
- Stephen Dycus ... [et al.].
- Aspen casebook series
- Related Work
- National security law.