- Publication date:
- New York : John Wiley, c2001.
- xvii, 442 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Business strategy
- Competitive advantage
- Internal context : organization design
- Organization and competitive advantage
- External context : industry analysis
- The spectrum of competition and niche markets
- Competition in concentrated markets
- Entry and the advantage of incumbency
- Creating and capturing value in the value chain
- Strategic management in a changing environment
- Strategy in markets with demand-side increasing returns
- Globalization and strategy
- Corporate strategy : managing for value in a multibusiness company
- The strategy process
- Appendix: Applying game theory to strategic management.
"This new book presents practical frameworks and concepts to help managers think strategically. The book draws on current economics and organization theory to create a package of conceptual tools for managers who are responsible for setting their company's direction." "These tools help them understand how their company's performance is affected by its competitive environment, its position in its value chain, its capabilities, its organization design, and its ability to change. The concepts presented in this book build a foundation for creating business strategies to guide decision-making within the firm toward its longterm goals."-- BOOK JACKET.
- Shepard, Andrea.
Podolny, Joel M. (Joel Marc)