Governing Africa's changing societies : dynamics of reform
- Lust, Ellen.
- Boulder, Colo. : Lynne Rienner Publishers, 2012.
- Physical description
- vii, 243 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Ndegwa, Stephen N.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 213-227) and index.
- The challenges of governance in Africa's changing societies / Ellen M. Lust and Stephen N. Ndegwa
- The democracy-governance connection / Michael Bratton
- Democracy and economic performance / Peter Lewis
- Contested land rights in rural Africa / Catherine Boone
- Property rights : preferences and reform / Ato Kwamena Onoma
- Women's rights and family law reform in francophone Africa / Susanna D. Wing
- Religion, democracy, and education reform in the Sahel / Leonardo A. Villalón
- Rethinking the dynamics of reform / Ellen M. Lust and Stephen N. Ndegwa.
- Publisher's Summary
- An examination of how seemingly small or sluggish changes are accumulating to fundamentally - and positively - transform Africa's governance environment.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Ellen M. Lust, Stephen N. Ndegwa.
- Title Variation
- Africa's changing societies : dynamics of reform