- Horn, Roger A.
- 2nd ed.
- Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2013.
- Physical description
- xviii, 643 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
QA188 .H66 2013
- Unknown QA188 .H66 2013
- Johnson, Charles R.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Machine generated contents note: 1. Eigenvalues, eigenvectors, and similarity; 2. Unitary similarity and unitary equivalence; 3. Canonical forms for similarity, and triangular factorizations; 4. Hermitian matrices, symmetric matrices, and congruences; 5. Norms for vectors and matrices; 6. Location and perturbation of eigenvalues; 7. Positive definite and semi-definite matrices; 8. Positive and nonnegative matrices; Appendix A. Complex numbers; Appendix B. Convex sets and functions; Appendix C. The fundamental theorem of algebra; Appendix D. Continuous dependence of the zeroes of a polynomial on its coefficients; Appendix E. Continuity, compactness, and Weierstrass's theorem; Appendix F. Canonical Pairs.
- "The thoroughly revised and updated second edition of this acclaimed text has several new and expanded sections and more than 1,100 exercises"-- Provided by publisher.
- Publication date
- Roger A. Horn, Charles R. Johnson.