- Horn, Roger A.
- 2nd ed.
- Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2013.
- Physical description
- xviii, 643 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
QA188 .H66 2013
- Unknown QA188 .H66 2013
- Johnson, Charles R.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Eigenvalues, eigenvectors, and similarity-- 2. Unitary similarity and unitary equivalence-- 3. Canonical forms for similarity, and triangular factorizations-- 4. Hermitian matrices, symmetric matrices, and congruences-- 5. Norms for vectors and matrices-- 6. Location and perturbation of eigenvalues-- 7. Positive definite and semi-definite matrices-- 8. Positive and nonnegative matrices-- Appendix A. Complex numbers-- Appendix B. Convex sets and functions-- Appendix C. The fundamental theorem of algebra-- Appendix D. Continuous dependence of the zeroes of a polynomial on its coefficients-- Appendix E. Continuity, compactness, and Weierstrass' theorem-- Appendix F. Canonical pairs.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Linear algebra and matrix theory are fundamental tools in mathematical and physical science, as well as fertile fields for research. This second edition of this acclaimed text presents results of both classic and recent matrix analysis using canonical forms as a unifying theme and demonstrates their importance in a variety of applications. This thoroughly revised and updated second edition is a text for a second course on linear algebra and has more than 1,100 problems and exercises, new sections on the singular value and CS decompositions and the Weyr canonical form, expanded treatments of inverse problems and of block matrices, and much more.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Roger A. Horn, Charles R. Johnson.