The little book of boating law
- Kuhne, Cecil C., III, 1952-
- Chicago, Ill. : American Bar Association, c2012.
- Physical description
- x, 149 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
KF2558 .P5 K84 2012
- Unknown KF2558 .P5 K84 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Beware the wake : looming liability for boat capsizes : Engle v. Stull, 377 F.2d 930 (D.C. Cir. 1967)
- Man overboard : proving that water and alcohol don't mix : Hutchinson v. Dickie, 162 F.2d 103 (6th Cir. 1947)
- Youthful boat driver : testing the negligent entrustment doctrine : Pritchett v. Kimberling Cove, Inc., 568 F.2d 570 (8th Cir. 1977)
- Sneaker waves : the duty to warn passengers : Weddle v. West, 275 F. Supp. 165 (W.D. Wash. 1967)
- Whaling protests : don't mess with the Coast Guard : Woodyer v. U.S., 334 F. Supp. 2d 1263 (W.D. Wash. 2004)
- What's in a name? : trademark infringements for speed boats : AMF Inc. v. Sleekcraft Boats, 599 F.2d 341 (9th Cir. 1979)
- Swimmer alert : treading the currents of rescue attempts : Roane v. Greenwich Swim Committee, 330 F. Supp. 2d 306 (S.D.N.Y. 2004)
- Wilderness paddling : legal grounds for prohibiting motors : Friends of Boundary Waters v. Robertson, 978 F.2d 1484 (8th Cir. 1992)
- The perfect storm : boat damage from wind and waves : In Re Banks Petition, 133 F. Supp. 276 (E.D.N.Y. 1955)
- Whitewater rafting : standards for assumption of the risk : Ferrari v. Grand Canyon Dories, 38 Cal. Rptr. 2d 65 (1995)
- Plastic kayaks as widgets : litigating royalty payments : McClaran v. Plastic Industries, Inc., 97 F.3d 347 (9th Cir. 1996)
- The perils of inner tubing : finding fault for personal injuries : Bjork v. Mason, 92 Cal. Rptr. 2d 49 (2000)
- Oil spill : spoiling the waters of pleasure boaters : Oppen v. Aetna Insurance Co., 485 F.2d 252 (9th Cir. 1973)
- The party barge : a test of maritime skills : Wade v. Grace, 902 S.W.2d 785 (Ark. 1995)
- Release of liability : a matter of public policy : Dobratz v. Thomson, 455 N.W.2d 639 (Wisc. 1990)
- Jet skis : a full-fledged vessel? : Keys Jet Ski, Inc. v. Kays, 893 F.2d 1225 (11th Cir. 1990).
- Publisher's Summary
- Americans love boats for the irreplaceable pleasure they bring. And American lawyers love boaters for the endless litigation they bring. The glorious realm of boating is filled with perplexing legal complications and a healthy amount of business for the trial community, too. This book in the ABA Little Books series, features 16 fascinating cases having to do with the world of watersports. The Little Book of Boating Law aptly confirms that a bad day on the water is still infinitely better than a good day at work.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Cecil C. Kuhne III.