The little book of boating law
- Kuhne, Cecil C., III, 1952-
- Chicago, Ill. : American Bar Association, c2012.
- Physical description
- x, 149 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
KF2558 .P5 K84 2012
- Unknown KF2558 .P5 K84 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Beware the wake : looming liability for boat capsizes : Engle v. Stull, 377 F.2d 930 (D.C. Cir. 1967)
- Man overboard : proving that water and alcohol don't mix : Hutchinson v. Dickie, 162 F.2d 103 (6th Cir. 1947)
- Youthful boat driver : testing the negligent entrustment doctrine : Pritchett v. Kimberling Cove, Inc., 568 F.2d 570 (8th Cir. 1977)
- Sneaker waves : the duty to warn passengers : Weddle v. West, 275 F. Supp. 165 (W.D. Wash. 1967)
- Whaling protests : don't mess with the Coast Guard : Woodyer v. U.S., 334 F. Supp. 2d 1263 (W.D. Wash. 2004)
- What's in a name? : trademark infringements for speed boats : AMF Inc. v. Sleekcraft Boats, 599 F.2d 341 (9th Cir. 1979)
- Swimmer alert : treading the currents of rescue attempts : Roane v. Greenwich Swim Committee, 330 F. Supp. 2d 306 (S.D.N.Y. 2004)
- Wilderness paddling : legal grounds for prohibiting motors : Friends of Boundary Waters v. Robertson, 978 F.2d 1484 (8th Cir. 1992)
- The perfect storm : boat damage from wind and waves : In Re Banks Petition, 133 F. Supp. 276 (E.D.N.Y. 1955)
- Whitewater rafting : standards for assumption of the risk : Ferrari v. Grand Canyon Dories, 38 Cal. Rptr. 2d 65 (1995)
- Plastic kayaks as widgets : litigating royalty payments : McClaran v. Plastic Industries, Inc., 97 F.3d 347 (9th Cir. 1996)
- The perils of inner tubing : finding fault for personal injuries : Bjork v. Mason, 92 Cal. Rptr. 2d 49 (2000)
- Oil spill : spoiling the waters of pleasure boaters : Oppen v. Aetna Insurance Co., 485 F.2d 252 (9th Cir. 1973)
- The party barge : a test of maritime skills : Wade v. Grace, 902 S.W.2d 785 (Ark. 1995)
- Release of liability : a matter of public policy : Dobratz v. Thomson, 455 N.W.2d 639 (Wisc. 1990)
- Jet skis : a full-fledged vessel? : Keys Jet Ski, Inc. v. Kays, 893 F.2d 1225 (11th Cir. 1990).
- Publication date
- Cecil C. Kuhne III.