Insect outbreaks revisited
- Chichester, West Sussex ; Hoboken, NJ : John Wiley, 2012.
- Physical description
- xiii, 465 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 26 cm.
QL496.15 .I57 2012
- Unknown QL496.15 .I57 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Insect herbivore outbreaks viewed through a physiological framework : insights from Orthoptera / Spencer T. Behmer and Anthony Joern
- The dynamical effects of interactions between inducible plant resistance and food limitation during insect outbreaks / Karen C. Abbott
- Immune responses and their potential role in insect outbreaks / J. Gwen Shlichta and Angela M. Smilanich
- The role of ecological stoichiometry in outbreaks of insect herbivores / Eric M. Lind and Pedro Barbosa
- Plant-induced responses and herbivore population dynamics / André Kessler, Katja Poveda, and Erik H. Poelman
- Spatial synchrony of insect outbreaks / Andrew M. Liebhold, Kyle J. Haynes, and Ottar N. Bjørnstad
- What tree-ring reconstruction tells us about conifer defoliator outbreaks / Ann M. Lynch
- Insect-associated microorganisms and their possible role in outbreaks / Yasmin J. Cardoza, Richard W. Hofstetter, and Fernando E. Vega
- Life history traits and host plant use in defoliators and bark beetles : implications for population dynamics / Julia Koricheva, Maartje J. Klapwijk, and Christer Björkman
- The ecological consequences of insect outbreaks / Louie H. Yang
- Insect outbreaks in tropical forests : patterns, mechanisms, and consequences / Lee A. Dyer, Walter P. Carson, and Egbert G. Leigh Jr.
- Outbreaks and ecosystem services / Timothy D. Schowalter
- Evidence for outbreaks from the fossil record of insect herbivory / Conrad C. Labandeira
- Implications of host-associated differentiation in the control of pest species / Raul F. Medina
- Disasters by design : outbreaks along urban gradients / Michael J. Raupp, Paula M. Shrewsbury, and Dan A. Herms
- Resistance to transgenic crops and pest outbreaks / Bruce E. Tabashnik and Yves Carrière
- Natural enemies and insect outbreaks in agriculture : a landscape perspective / J. Megan Woltz, Benjamin P. Werling, and Douglas A. Landis
- Integrated pest management : outbreaks prevented, delayed, or facilitated? / Deborah K. Letourneau
- Insect invasions : lessons from biological control of weeds / Peter B. McEvoy, Fritzi S. Grevstad, and Shon S. Schooler
- Assessing the impact of climate change on outbreak potential / Maartje J. Klapwijk ... [et al.].
- Publication date
- edited by Pedro Barbosa, Deborah K. Letourneau, Anurag A. Agrawal.
- Updates: Insect outbreaks / edited by Pedro Barbosa and Jack C. Shultz. San Diego : Academic Press, c1987.
- Related Work
- Insect outbreaks.