Geographic information analysis for sustainable development and economic planning : new technologies
- Hershey, PA : Information Science Reference, c2013.
- Physical description
- xxv, 408 p. : ill., maps ; 29 cm.
G70.212 .G4254 2013
- Unknown G70.212 .G4254 2013
- Borruso, Giuseppe, 1972-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 360-389) and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- Spatial analytical techniques and geographical analysis and modelling methods are required in order to analyse data and to facilitate the decision process at all levels. Old geographical issues can find an answer thanks to new methods and instruments, while new issues are developing, challenging the researchers for new solutions.Geographic Information Analysis for Sustainable Development and Economic Planning: New Technologies tackles topics related to, to-date development of Geographic Information in terms of the technologies available for retrieving, managing, and analyzing geographical data. This book is useful for academic staff, as well as postgraduate students (MSc, PhD levels) in GIS, remote sensing, economic geography, spatial planning, geostatistics, and related fields.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Giuseppe Borruso ... [et al.].
- "Premier reference source"--Cover.