Performing the score [videorecording]
- English. English; optional subtitles in English.
- [Ithaca, N.Y.] : Cornell University, c2011.
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (165 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Unknown MDVD 1543
- Chapters: General introduction
- Early pianos and their music
- The early violin
- Discussion of performance: Sonata in B♭, K. 378, first movement / Mozart
- Performance: Sonata in B♭, K. 378, first movement / Mozart
- Sonata in A minor, opus 105, first movement / Schumann
- Early instrument performances in context of today's concert & recording world
- Six pre-Steinway pianos in sound examples
- Bilson and Field consider the realization of the aspects of notation that Bilson presented in Knowing the score, especially in regard to work involving more than one instrument. Includes an interview with Sir Nicholas Kenyon, director of the Barbican Center in London, with fortepianist Kristian Bezuidenhout.
- Included Work
- Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus, 1756-1791. Sonatas, violin, piano, K. 378, B♭ major.
- Schumann, Robert, 1810-1856. Sonatas, violin, piano, no. 1, op. 105, A minor.
- Publication date
- Malcolm Bilson & Elizabeth Field ; produced by Park Productions, Ithaca College ; director & director of photography, Karen Rodriguez ; producer, Carol Jennings.
- Malcolm Bilson, lecturer and pianist; Elizabeth Field, lecturer and violinist.
- DVD; widescreen (16:9) presentation; Dolby digital stereo.; region-free; dual-layer.