African democracy and development : challenges for post-conflict African nations
- Lanham [Md.] : Lexington Books, c2013.
- Physical description
- vii, 306 p. ; 24 cm.
DT352.8 .A3165 2012
- Unknown DT352.8 .A3165 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction / Cassandra R. Veney
- No justice, no peace : the elusive search for justice and reconciliation in Sierra Leone / Sylvia Macauley
- The role of ex-combatants in Mozambique / Jessica Schafer
- Memory controversies in post-genocide Rwanda : implications for peacebuilding / Elisabeth King
- Land reform, social justice, and reconstruction : challenges for post-genocide Rwanda / Helen Hintjens
- Elections as a stress test of democratization in societies : a comparison of Liberia, Sierra Leone, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo / John Yoder
- Partners or adversaries? : NGOs and the state in postwar Sierra Leone / Fredline A.O. M'Cormack-Hale
- Chieftancy and reconstruction in Sierra Leone / Arthur Abraham
- The role of African diasporas in reconstruction / Paul Tiyambe Zeleza
- The role of the African Union in reconstruction in Africa / Thomas Kwasi Tieku
- Governance challenges in Sierra Leone / Osman Gbla
- Challenges of governance reform in Liberia / Amos Sawyer
- Achieving development and democracy / Dick Simpson.
- Postwar reconstruction > Africa, Sub-Saharan > Congresses.
- Postwar reconstruction > Sierra Leone > Congresses.
- Nation-building > Africa, Sub-Saharan > Congresses.
- Nation-building > Sierra Leone > Congresses.
- Democratization > Africa, Sub-Saharan > Congresses.
- Economic development > Political aspects > Africa, Sub-Saharan > Congresses.
- Publication date
- edited by Cassandra R. Veney and Dick Simpson.
- "The chapters in this edited volume are the result of a conference held in April 2009 at the University of Illinois at Chicago"--Introduction.