Managing conflicts in Africa's democratic transitions
- Lanham, Md. : Lexington Books, 2012.
- Physical description
- xxi, 339 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
JQ1879 .A15 M26 2012
- Unknown JQ1879 .A15 M26 2012
- Adebayo, A. G. (Akanmu Gafari), 1956-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Dreams and nightmares : democratization, elections, and conflicts in Africa / Chux Ibekwe and Akanmu G. Adebayo
- Security in post-civil war democratic transitions in Africa / Abiodun Alao and Mike Adeyeye
- Traumatics : the representation of trauma in Yvonne Vera's Without a name / Oumar Cherif Diop
- Democratization and post-election conflicts in Nigeria since independence : a historical reconsideration / Oluwakemi Abiodun Adesina
- Incumbency as a factor : appropriation of state security resources and electoral governance in Nigeria / 'Lai Olurode
- Religion and political activism in Egypt / Samy Gerges
- Democratization in Senegal : the failure of the "Sopi" revolution / Haluk B. Bingol and Richard Vengroff
- The involution of democracy in Lusophone West Africa / Brandon D. Lundy
- Conflict analysis of the 2007 post-election violence in Kenya / Mara J. Roberts
- The French press and position on post-election crisis in Côte d'Ivoire / Edoh Agbehonou
- United States foreign policy responses to Africa's transition conflicts / Andrew Ewoh
- Post-election conflict resolution in Africa : lessons from African peace paradigms / Abdul Karim Bangura
- An African model? : conflict management in Ghana's 2008 presidential elections / Joseph Kingsley Adjei
- Lessons from South Africa's Truth and Reconciliation Commission (TRC) for managing Africa's conflicts / Edward L. Mienie
- Could forgiveness and amnesty be a panacea to Kenya's post-election conflict era? / Joseph W. Nasongo, Lydiah L.M. Wamocha, and Judith S.K. Achoka
- Establishing electoral conflict management panels : a case study of South Africa / Ilona Tip
- Post-electoral conflict in la Côte d'Ivoire : road map to peace / Sarah O. Danso.
- Publication date
- [edited by] Akanmu G. Adebayo.