Community-based water law and water resource management reform in developing countries
- Wallingford, UK ; Cambridge, MA : CABI, c2007.
- Physical description
- xvii, 280 p. : ill ; 26 cm.
- Comprehensive assessment of water management in agriculture series ; 5.
K3496 .C66 2007
- Unknown K3496 .C66 2007
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Community-based water law and water resources management reform in developing countries : rationale, contents and key messages / Barbara van Koppen ... [et al.]
- Understanding legal pluralism in water and land rights : lessons from Africa and Asia / Ruth Meinzen-Dick and Leticia Nkonya
- Community priorities for water rights : some conjectures on assumptions, principles and programmes / Bryan Bruns
- Dispossession at the interface of community-based water law and permit systems / Barbara van Koppen
- Issues in reforming informal water economies of low-income countries : examples from India and elsewhere / Tushaar Shah
- Legal pluralism and the politics of inclusion : recognition and contestation of local water rights in the Andes / Rutgerd Boelens, Rocio Bustamante and Hugo de Vos
- Water rights and rules, and management in spate irrigation systems in Eritrea, Yemen and Pakistan / Abraham Mehari, Frank Van Steenbergen and Bart Schultz
- Local institutions for wetland management in Ethiopia : sustainability and state intervention / Alan B. Dixon and Adrian P. Wood
- Indigenous systems of conflict resolution in Oromia, Ethiopia / Desalegn Chemeda Endossa ... [et al.]
- Kenya's new water law : an analysis of the implications of Kenya's Water Act, 2002, for the rural poor / Albert Mumma
- Coping with history and hydrology : how Kenya's settlement and land tenure patterns shape contemporary water rights and gender relations in water / Leah Onyango ... [et al.]
- Irrigation management and poverty dynamics : case study of the Nyando Basin in western Kenya / Brent Swallow, Leah Onyango and Ruth Meinzen-Dick
- If government failed, how are we to succeed? : the importance of history and context in present-day irrigation reform in Malawi / Anne Ferguson and Wapulumuka Mulwafu
- A legal-infrastructural framework for catchment apportionment / Bruce Lankford and Willie Mwaruvanda
- Intersections of law, human rights and water management in Zimbabwe : implications for rural livelihoods / Bill Derman ... [et al.].
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents only
- Publication date
- edited by Barbara van Koppen, Mark Giordano and John Butterworth.
- Comprehensive assessment of water management in agriculture ; 5