Mathematical methods in systems, optimization, and control : festschrift in honor of J. William Helton
- Basel ; New York : Springer, c2012.
- Physical description
- x, 368 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Operator theory, advances and applications ; 222.
QA329 .M38 2012
- Unknown QA329 .M38 2012
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Biographical and personal notes
- The Carathéodory-Julia theorem and the network realization formula in two variables / J. Agler
- Nevanlinna-pick interpolation via graph spaces and Kreĭn-space geometery: a survey / J.A. Ball and Q. Fang
- A brief history of the strong Szegö limit theorem / E. Basor
- Riccati or square root equation? The semi-separable case / P. Dewilde
- Spectral inclusion theorems / R.G. Douglas and J. Eschmeier
- Tutorial on a Nehari problem and related reproducing Kernel spaces / H. Dyn
- Optimal solutions to matrix-valued Nehari problems and related limit theorems / A.E. Frzho, S. ter Horst and M.A. Kaashoek
- On theorems of Halmos and Roth / P.A. Fuhrmann and U. Helmke
- Pfister's theorem fails in the free case / M. Harrison
- Free analysis, convexity and LMI domains / J.W. Helton, I. Klep and S. McCullough
- Traces of commutators of integral operators--the aftermath / R. Howe
- Information states in control theory: from classical to quantum / M.R. James
- Convex hulls of quadratically parameterized sets with quadratic constraints / J. Nie
- Computing linear matrix representations of Helton-Vinnikov curves / D. Plaumann, B. Sturmfels and C. Vinzant
- Positive completion problems over C*-algebras / L. Rodman and H. J. Woerdeman
- Fractional-order systems and the internal model principle / M. S. Takyar and T.T. Georgiou
- Optimal mass transport for problems in control, statistical estimation, and image analysis / E. Tannenbaum, T. Georgiou and A. Tannenbaum
- LMI representations of convex semialgebraic sets and determinantal representations of algebraic hypersurfaces: past, present, and future / V. Vinnikou
- Some analysable instances of [mu]-synthesis / N.J. Young.
- Publication date
- edited by Harry Dym, Mauricio C. de Oliveira, Mihai Putinar.
- Operator theory, advances and applications ; 222