Punishing immigrants : policy, politics, and injustice
- New York : New York University Press, c2012.
- Physical description
- viii, 263 p. ; 23 cm.
- New perspectives in crime, deviance, and law series.
JV6483 .P86 2012
- Unknown JV6483 .P86 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction / Charis E. Kubrin, Marjorie S. Zatz, and Ramiro Martínez, Jr.
- Panic, risk, control : conceptualizing threats in a post-9/11 society / Michael Welch
- Growing tensions between civic membership and enforcement in the devolution of immigration control / Doris Marie Provine ... [et al.]
- No surprises : the evolution of anti-immigration legislation in Arizona / Kyrsten Sinema
- Unearthing and confronting the social skeletons of immigration status in our criminal justice system / Evelyn H. Cruz
- The ruptures of return : deportation's confounding effects / M. Kathleen Dingeman-Cerda and Susan Bibler Coutin
- Race, land, and forced migration in Darfur / Wenona Rymond-Richmond and John Hagan
- Situating the immigration and neighborhood crime relationship across multiple cities / María B. Vélez and Christopher J. Lyons
- Immigrant inclusion and prospects through schooling in Italy : an analysis of emerging regional patterns / Paola Bertolini and Michele Lalla
- Social stressors, special vulnerabilities, and violence victimization among Latino immigrant day laborers in post-Katrina New Orleans / Alice Cepeda ... [et al.]
- Conclusion / Marjorie S. Zatz, Charis E. Kubrin, and Ramiro Martínez, Jr.
- Publication date
- edited by Charis E. Kubrin, Marjorie S. Zatz, and Ramiro Martínez, Jr.
- New perspectives in crime, deviance, and law series