The social network [videorecording]
- Uniform Title
- Social network (Motion picture)
- English, French, Spanish. In English or dubbed French with optional English, English SDH, French or Spanish subtitles; English audio descriptive service.
- Two-disc collector's ed.
- Culver City, Calif. : Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, c2011.
- Physical description
- 2 videodiscs (ca. 120 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Library has: disc 1-
PN1997.2 .S63 2011 DISC 1-2
- Library has: disc 1-
- Fincher, David. Director
- Rudin, Scott, 1958- Producer
- Brunetti, Dana. Producer
- De Luca, Michael, 1965- Producer
- Chaffin, Ceán. Producer
- Sorkin, Aaron. Author of screenplay
- West, Jacqueline. Costume designer
- Burt, Donald Graham. Designer
- Reznor, Trent. Composer
- Ross, Atticus, 1968- Composer
- Spacey, Kevin. Producer
- Eisenberg, Jesse, 1983- Actor
- Garfield, Andrew, 1983- Actor
- Timberlake, Justin, 1981- Actor
- Hammer, Armie, 1986- Actor
- Minghella, Max, 1985- Actor
- Pence, Josh, 1982- Actor
- Song, Brenda, 1988- Actor
- Jones, Rashida. Actor
- Getz, John, 1947- Actor
- Selby, David, 1941- Actor
- Grayson, Denise. Actor
- Urbanski, Douglas. Actor
- Mara, Rooney. Actor
- Columbia Pictures.
- Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (Firm)
- disc 1. The film
- disc 2. The supplements.
- On a fall night in 2003, Harvard undergrad and computer programming genius Mark Zuckerberg sits down at his computer and heatedly begins working on a new idea. In a fury of blogging and programming, what begins in his dorm room soon becomes a global social network and a revolution in communication. A mere six years and 500 million friends later, Zuckerberg is the youngest billionaire in history, but for this entrepreneur, success leads to both personal and legal complications.
- Publication date
- in association with Relativity Media, a Scott Rudin/Michael De Luca/Trigger Street production ; a David Fincher film.
- Title Variation
- At head of title: Columbia Pictures presents
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 2010.
- Based upon the book The accidental billionaires by Ben Mezrich.
- Special features: Disc 1. Audio commentary with director David Fincher; Audio commentary with writer Aaron Sorkin & cast. Disc 2. "How did they ever make a movie of Facebook?" feature-length documentary in four parts; Jeff Cronenweth and David Fincher on the visuals; Angus Wall, Kirk Baxter and Ren Klyce on post; Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross and David Fincher on the score; In the hall of the mountain king: music exploration; Swarmatron; Ruby Skye VIP room (multi-angle scene breakdown).
- Production Credits
- Produced by Scott Rudin, Dana Brunetti, Michael de Luca, Ceán Chaffin ; screenplay by Aaron Sorkin ; directed by David Fincher ; director of photography, Jeff Cronenweth ; film editors, Angus Wall, Kirk Baxter ; music by Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross ; production designer, Donald Graham Burt ; costume designer, Jacqueline West ; sound design by Ren Klyce ; executive producer, Kevin Spacey.
- Jesse Eisenberg, Andrew Garfield, Justin Timberlake, Armie Hammer, Max Minghella, Josh Pence, Brenda Song, Rashida Jones, John Getz, David Selby, Denise Grayson, Douglas Urbanski, Rooney Mara.
- DVD, region 1; NTSC; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, English DVS 2.0 stereo. surround; anamorphic widescreen (2.40:1) presentation.
- Related Work
- Mezrich, Ben, 1969- Accidental billionaires.
- Included Work
- How did they ever make a movie of Facebook?
- Publisher Number
- 36626 Sony Pictures Home Entertainment