Historical dictionary of Republic of the Congo
- Decalo, Samuel.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 467-521).
- Editor's Foreword (Jon Woronoff) Acknowledgments Acronyms and Abbreviations Maps Chronology Introduction The Dictionary Appendix A: French Colonial Governors, 1880-1960 Appendix B: Heads of State of Independent Congo, 1960-2012 Bibliography About the Authors.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The fourth edition of the Historical Dictionary of Republic of the Congo provides a comprehensive set of references on the country's history, politics, economics, and culture. It traces the careers of the country's leading personalities into the era following the democratic experiment of the 1990s. It updates the country's social, economic, and political evolution through the first decade of the 21st century. Clark and Decalo provide a snapshot of the Republic of the Congo through a chronology, an introductory essay, appendixes, an extensive bibliography, and the dictionary section of over 700 cross-referenced entries on important personalities, leading political figures, institutions, economic enterprises, ethnic communities, and cultural features. It provides information on many aspects of Congolese society, culture, and society not available on any web-based source or in any other publication. It is an excellent access point for students, researchers, and anyone wanting to know more about the Republic of the Congo.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- John F. Clark, Samuel Decalo.
- Historical dictionaries of Africa
- Previously published as: Historical dictionary of Congo / Samuel Decalo, Virginia Thompson, Richard Adloff. 3rd ed. 1996.
- Related Work
- Decalo, Samuel. Historical dictionary of Congo.