Electronic Beowulf [electronic resource]
- Corporate Author
- British Library. Manuscript. Cotton Vitellius A XV.
- English, Old (ca. 450-1100). Text in Old English with commentary, glossary, grammar, and translations in English.
- 3rd. ed.
- London : British Library, c2011.
- Physical description
- 1 computer optical disc : col. ; 4 3/4 in. + booklet (24 p. : ill ; 12 cm.)
- "This manuscript-based third edition... incorporates new, much higher resolution images of all 70 folios, over 130 ultraviolet images, and over 750 newly processed backlit images of the more than 1300 that reveal the hundreds of letters covered on the versos by the nineteenth-century restoration frames. The text is completely revised, based closely on and comprehensively illustrated by the single surviving manuscript of Beowulf. Recently contested readings are re-examined and in most cases confirmed by clearer, higher resolution, images. The glossary is completely revised, as well, and users now have instant access through tooltips to the definitions and grammar of every one of the 17,327 words in the text"--Booklet p.2
- Publication date
- edited by Kevin Kiernan ; programmed by Ionut Emil Iacob.
- Title Variation
- File Characteristics
- Computer data and program.