Barriers to excellence : the changes needed for our schools
- Gunzelmann, Betsy, 1952-
- Lanham, Maryland : Rowman & Littlefield Education, , ©2012.
- Physical description
- ix, 97 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
LB2822.82 .G86 2012
- Unknown LB2822.82 .G86 2012
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 93-96).
- Part I: Our Broken System: Understanding Barriers to Excellence Chapter One: There Is Trouble in Our Schools: A Historical Overview of Barriers & Imbalance Chapter Two: Rescuing Our Schools: Perspectives of Leaders, Reformers and Entrepreneurs Chapter Three: The Gathering of Data from Many Directions Part II: The Barriers to Excellence Chapter Four: Society& Cultural: First, Most Complex and Controversial of the Barriers to Excellence Chapter Five: Political Barriers to Excellence: Multifaceted and Difficult, but Not Impossible to Resolve Chapter Six: Economic Barriers to Excellence Chapter Seven: Psychological Barriers to Educational Excellence Chapter Eight:EducationalIssues: Process& Logistical Barriers Part III:Towards Educational Excellence and Beyond Chapter Nine: Breaking Down the Barriers & Restoring Balance Chapter Ten: Education: Our Key to Future Success References.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Barriers to Excellence: The Changes Needed for Our Schools brings a new and different viewpoint to our educational problems in the United States. The reasons behind the academic decline we have seen over the last several decades, the continued inequity in our schools, and the frustration with inconsistent and inadequate policies, procedures and support will be addressed in this eye-opening book. Barriers to Excellence discuses the obstacles we face to regain our academic distinction. We need to look at the bigger picture when it comes to attaining educational excellence in the United States.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Betsy Gunzelmann.