Research handbook on international financial regulation
- Cheltenham, UK ; Northampton, MA : Edward Elgar, c2012.
- Physical description
- ix, 458 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
K1066 .R47 2012
- Unknown K1066 .R47 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- The nature of modern credit markets, banking and financial innovation / Kern Alexander, John Eatwell, and Avinash Persaud
- The shadow banking system as a new source of financial turmoil / Tom Burns
- Ethical failures in regulating and supervising the pursuit of safety net subsidies / Edward J. Kane
- The determinants of capital held by UK banks and building societies and the role of individual capital requirements / Isaac Alfon, Isabel Argimon, and Patricia Bascuñana-Ambrós
- Considerations on developing and validating expected loss (EL) methodologies / Gianluca Riccio
- The Basel capital rules and trade finance / Andrew Cornford
- Some rules for cross-border banks in Europe / David G. Mayes
- Transatlantic convergence of financial regulation : a European perspective / Klaus R. Ilmonen
- The new course of EU state aid rules during the 2007-09 financial crisis / Costanza A. Russo
- Globalisation and the regulation of FDI : recent proposals / Ajit Singh
- Central counterparties and derivatives / Chryssa Papathanassiou
- The European regulation of central counterparties : some international challenges / Kern Alexander
- Lessons from Japan's banking crisis, 1991 to 2005 / Mariko Fujii and Masahiro Kawai
- Determinants of financial supervision regimes : markets, institutions, politics, law or geography? / Donato Masciandaro
- Liquidity illusions in the global financial architecture / Anastasia Nesvetailova
- Governance in international financial institutions : the case of the IMF / Xenia Roduner
- Foreign IPOs : the experience of Israeli firms / Iftekhar Hasan and Maya Waisman
- International regulatory reform and financial taxes / Kern Alexander and John Eatwell
- Goodbye neo-liberalism? : Contested policy responses to uncertain consequences of the 2007-09 financial crisis / Dieter Pesendorfer
- Summing up and the challenges ahead / Kern Alexander.
- Publication date
- edited by Kern Alexander and Rahul Dhumale.