Spirituality in college students' lives : translating research into practice
- New York, NY : Routledge, 2013.
- Physical description
- xiii, 218 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
LB3609 .S67 2013
- Unknown LB3609 .S67 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- "Spirituality in College Students' Lives draws on data from a large-scale national survey examining the spiritual development of undergraduates and how colleges and universities can be more effective in facilitating students' spiritual growth. In this book, contributors from the fields of education, psychology, sociology, social work, and religion present research-based studies that explore the importance of students' spirituality and the impact of the college experience on their spiritual development. Offering a wide range of theoretical perspectives and worldviews, this volume also includes reflections from distinguished researchers and practitioners which highlight implications for practice. This original edited collection explores: Emerging theoretical frames and analytical approaches; differences in spiritual expressions and experiences among sub-populations; the impact of campus contexts; and how college experiences shape spiritual outcomes. Spirituality in College Students' Lives is an important resource for higher education and student affairs faculty, administrators, and practitioners interested in nurturing the inner lives of college students"-- Provided by publisher.
- Publication date
- edited by Alyssa Bryant Rockenbach and Matthew J. Mayhew.