The challenge of human rights : past, present and future
- Cheltenham, UK ; Northampton, MA, USA : Edward Elgar Pub., c2012.
- Physical description
- xi, 335 p. ; 24 cm.
K3239.8 .C43 2012
- Unknown K3239.8 .C43 2012
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Introduction / David Keane and Yvonne McDermott
- The right to a social and international order for the realization of human rights : Article 28 of the Universal Declaration and international cooperation / Josh Curtis and Shane Darcy
- Freedom from fear and the human right to peace / William A. Schabas
- The universality of war : jus ad bellum and the right to peace in non-international armed conflicts / Kjell Anderson
- UNESCO and the right to peace / David Keane
- The right to resist reconsidered / Shannonbrooke Murphy
- Forensic science, international criminal law and the duties towards persons killed in war / Éadaoin O'Brien
- Forgotten rights : consequences of the Israeli occupation of the Golan Heights / Ray Murphy
- Forging a convention for crimes against humanity / Leila Nadya Sadat
- Doublespeak and double standards : does the jurisprudence on retrial following acquittal under international criminal law spell the end of the double jeopardy rule? / Yvonne McDermott
- Third world approaches to international law and the ghosts of apartheid / John Reynolds
- Exploitation rebranded : how international law sold slavery as forced labour / Nicholas McGeehan
- Between the wars : the Refugee Convention of 1933 : a contemporary analysis / Peter Fitzmaurice
- Drafter decision-making in international human rights treaties / Daragh McGreal
- Free and fair elections for some? : the potential for voting rights for under-18s / Aoife Daly
- Cultural rights : a new era / Majella Ní Chríocháin
- Intellectual property : a human (not corporate) right / Megan M. Carpenter.
- Publication date
- edited by David Keane, Yvonne McDermott.
- "This collection of essays originated from a conference as part of the Irish Centre for Human Rights 10th Anniversary celebrations, which were held in Galway, Ireland, in November 2010"--Introd.