Teaching genius : redefining education with lessons from science and philosophy
- Edwards, Chris, 1977-
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2012.
- Physical description
- xiii, 125 p. ; 24 cm.
LB1025.3 .E345 2012
- Unknown LB1025.3 .E345 2012
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 121-125).
- Preface Acknowledgments Part I: Lessons for Education from the History and Philosophy of Science Preface: Getting Behind the Door Chapter 1: Defining Teaching as a Field Chapter 2: Content Area Professional Development Chapter 3: Educating Consilience: Lessons from the History and Philosophy of Science Chapter 4: Neuroscience and Consilience Chapter 5: Applications for Principals and Education Professors Chapter 6: Applications for Mathematics and the Sciences Part II: Connecting the Dots: Practical Application Appendix Lesson 1: Humanity Off and Running Lesson 2: Assessment for Historical Pattern Recognition Lesson 3: Historical Paradigm Shift Lesson 4: Caffeine and Connections: A Tempest in a Coffeepot Lesson 5: Applications of Insights to an Historical Narrative Conclusion.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The history and philosophy of science provide a deep well of lessons and analogies for educators. Historically, geniuses are produced by certain recurring historical patterns which, once understood, can be synthesized into practical curricular and professional development guides for teachers and administrators. Drawing on history, philosophy, theoretical physics, neuroscience, and the best scholarship on teacher practice, Teaching Genius: Redefining Education with Lessons from Science and Philosophy presents a new vision for educational reform, one which is shaped by teachers and framed by history. Written by a classroom teacher, Teaching Genius is philosophical and practical, deeply rooted, and immediately applicable. Teachers and administrators looking to invigorate their classroom practices or their staffs will find this book to be indispensable. To learn more about Teaching Genius, and other works by Chris Edwards, visit the website at www.teachinggeniusrowman.org.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Chris Edwards.