Community futures, legal architecture : foundations for indigenous peoples in the global mining boom
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2012.
- Physical description
- xiv, 304 p. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
K3904 .C66 2012
- Unknown K3904 .C66 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction / Marcia Langston
- The resource curse compared : Australian Aboriginal participation in the resource extraction industry and distribution of impacts / Marcia Langton and Odette Mazel
- Curse or opportunity? : mineral revenues, rent seeking and development in Aboriginal Australia / Ciaran O'Faircheallaigh
- Measuring indigenous outcomes from mining agreements in Australia : the role of applied demography / John Taylor
- Papua New Guinea : conflicts, customary landholding and resource exploitation / George Yapao, Lee Godden and Steven Pettigrove
- Mining companies as agents for social development : the case for more effectual corporate-community investments / Ana Maria Esteves
- Legal forms and their implications for long-term relationships and economic, cultural and social empowerment : structuring agreements in Australia / Maureen Tehan and Lee Godden
- Five principles for managing Timor-Leste's natural resource revenue wisely / Jen Drysdale
- The development forum in Papua New Guinea : evaluating outcomes for local communities / Colin Filer
- Tax law and policy for indigenous economic development in Australia / Miranda Stewart
- Native title agreements, taxation and economic development in Australia / Lisa Strelein
- The income tax exempt charitable structure as a vehicle for holding Australian native title interests : some lessons from New Zealand / Fiona Martin
- Turning a benefit agreement into practical development : a case study of a Papua New Guinea development foundation / Tim Offor and Barbara Sharp
- From paternalism to partnership : the Good Neighbour Agreement and the Argyle Diamond Mine Indigenous Land Use Agreement in Western Australia / Kim Doohan, Marcia Langton and Odette Mazel
- Engaging communities in resource development initiatives in Timor-Leste / Demetrio do Amaral de Carvalho and Lisa Palmer
- To be destitute or to benefit : corporate social responsibility and mining in South Africa / Henk Kloppers and Willemien Du Plessis.
- Publication date
- edited by Marcia Langton and Judy Longbottom.