Modern warfare : armed groups, private militaries, humanitarian organizations, and the law
- Vancouver : UBC Press, c2012.
- Physical description
- xx, 395 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
KZ6471 .M63 2012
- Unknown KZ6471 .M63 2012
- Perrin, Benjamin.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction / Benjamin Perrin
- Asymmetrical reciprocity and compliance with the laws of war / René Provost
- The pragmatic value of reciprocity : promoting respect for international humanitarian law among non-state armed groups / Sophie Rondeau
- Armed non-state actors and humanitarian norms : lessons from the Geneva call experience / Elisabeth Decrey Warner, Jonathan Somer, and Pascal Bongard
- The ownership of international humanitarian law : non-state armed groups and the formation and enforcement of IHL rules / Sandesh Sivakumaran
- Armed groups and the Arms Trade Treaty : challenges and opportunities / Pablo Policzer and Valerie Yankey-Wayne
- Private security companies and humanitarian organizations : implications for international humanitarian law / Benjamin Perrin
- The case for humanitarian organizations to use private security contractors / Andrew Bearpark
- The use of armed security escorts : a challenge to independent and neutral humanitarian action / Jamie Williamson
- Obligations of private military and security companies under international humanitarian law / Fred Schreier
- "Humanitarian space" in search of a new home : (limited) guidance from international law / Sylvain Beauchamp
- Humanitarian space and stability operations / Michael Khambatta
- The implications for women of a shrinking humanitarian space / Valerie Oosterveld
- Whither humanitarian space? : the costs of integrated peacebuilding in Afghanistan / Emily Paddon and Taylor Owen
- Silent wars in our cities : alternatives to the inadequacy of international humanitarian law to protect civilians during endemic urban violence / Carlos Iván Fuentes
- Rethinking stabilization and humanitarian action in "fragile cities" / Robert Muggah and Oliver Jütersonke
- Stabilization and humanitarian action in Haiti / Robert Muggah
- Violence against children in urban settings : private hurt, public manifestations / Gurvinder Singh and Judi Fairholm
- Conclusion / Benjamin Perrin.
- Publication date
- edited by Benjamin Perrin.
- Also issued in electronic format.