Interior designer's portable handbook : first-step rules of thumb for the design of interiors
- Guthrie, Pat.
- 3rd ed.
- New York ; London : McGraw-Hill, c2012.
- Physical description
- xix, 537 p. : ill ; 21 cm.
UPDATE - Library closed July 25 - Sept. 9.
The Library will be closed during its relocation to the new McMurtry Building. Please check out Art materials prior to July 25.
NK2115 .G86 2012
- Unknown NK2115 .G86 2012
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 519-522) and index.
- Part 1. General Part 2. Site Furnishings Part 3. Concrete Finishes Part 4. Masonry Part 5. Metals Part 6. Wood Part 7. Thermal and Moisture Protection Part 8. Doors, Windows, and Glass Part 9. Finishes Part 10. Specialties Part 11. Equipment Part 12. Interior Furnishings Part 13. Assemblies Part 14. Conveying Systems Part 15. Mechanical Part 16. Lighting and Electrical Appendix References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This is your up-to-date, on-the-job quick reference. Fully revised throughout, "Interior Designer's Portable Handbook, Third Edition", helps you create workable, on-the-spot design solutions by putting the latest codes, standards, specifications, costs, and materials data at your fingertips. This convenient pocket guide now includes information on green/sustainable components and technologies. Perfect for in-the-field estimating as well as licensing exam prep, this indispensable, time-saving tool helps you with everyday design challenges. Inside, you'll find: coverage of the entire process, from initial planning and estimating through design, construction, and installation; quick access to the current International Building Code (IBC); materials and specifications checklists that make interior design decisions fast and easy; CSI MasterFormat organization that follows the job step by step; updated unit costs for furnishings, fixtures, finishes, and other interior components and systems; and, examples and design details illustrating key techniques and procedures. This title includes details on: Site furnishings; Concrete finishes; Masonry; Metals; Wood; Thermal and moisture protection; Doors, windows, and glass; Finishes; Specialties; Equipment; Interior furnishings Assemblies; Conveying systems; Mechanical; and, Lighting and electrical.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Pat Guthrie.
- Previous ed.: 2004.