Bullying hurts : teaching kindness through read alouds and guided conversations
- Laminack, Lester L., 1956-
- Portsmouth, NH : Heinemann, c2012.
- Physical description
- xix, 148 pages ; 24 cm.
LB3013.32 .L36 2012
- Unknown LB3013.32 .L36 2012
- Wadsworth, Reba M.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 147-148).
- Working toward kindness civility and human compassion as an integral part of the curriculum
- Getting started : we have so much in common
- Moving in : There are ways in which we are different. Not less than others. Not better than others. Just different
- Inside the circle : thinking, feeling, acting
- At the core : when others are not thoughtful, caring and kind
- Getting focused for action : an opportunity to explore the actions of others, reflect on our own feelings and redirect our behaviors toward fellow human beings
- Final thoughts
- Appendix A: Additional texts to support working through the layers
- Appendix B: Sample parent letter (English and Spanish)
- Appendix C: Sample anti-bulling contract
- Appendix D: Activities for community building
- Appendix E: Resources for educators.
- Publication date
- Lester L. Laminack and Reba M. Wadsworth.