Chemistry for sustainable development in Africa
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, c2013.
- Physical description
- xiv, 255 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Health-- Biodiversity Utilisation (Including Phytomedicine, Metabolism of Antiparasitic Drugs and Pharmacogenetics, Role of Flavonoids and Isoflavonoids, Sustainable Biodiesel Production, Antifungal Properties of Plant Extract).- Emerging Areas and Technologies (Including Computational Chemistry Research, Geochemistry, Nanotechnology, Biotechnology and Nanotechnology).- International Collaboration - Relevance for Development in Africa (Including the International Programme in the Chemical Sciences (IPICS), International Collaboration with a View to Containing Outbreak of Emerging Infectious Diseases Through Bioprospection).
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Chemistry for Sustainable Development in Africa gives an insight into current Chemical research in Africa. It is edited and written by distinguished African scientists and includes contributions from Chemists from Northern, Southern, Western, Eastern, Central and Island state African Countries. The core themes embrace the most pressing issues of our time, including Environmental Chemistry, Renewable Energies, Health and Human Well-Being, Food and Nutrition, and Bioprospecting and Commercial Development. This book is invaluable for teaching and research institutes in Africa and worldwide, private sector entities dealing with natural products from Africa, as well as policy and decision-making bodies and non-governmental organizations.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Ameenah Gurib-Fakim, Jacobus Nicolaas Eloff, editors.
- Published in association with the International Council for Science (ICSU).