Gardner's art through the ages : a global history
- Gardner, Helen, -1946
- 14th ed.
- Australia ; United States : Wadsworth, Cengage Learning, c2013.
- Physical description
- xxix, 1,184 p. : ill. (some col.), col. maps, ports. ; 30 cm.
N5300 .G25 2013 F
- In-library use N5300 .G25 2013 F
- Kleiner, Fred S.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 1103-1121) and index.
- What is art history?
- Art before history
- Mesopotamia and Persia
- Egypt under the pharaohs
- The prehistoric Aegean
- Ancient Greece
- The Etruscans
- The Roman Empire
- Late antiquity
- The Islamic world
- Early medieval Europe
- Romanesque Europe
- Gothic Europe
- Late medieval Italy
- South and Southeast Asia before 1200
- China and Korea to 1279
- Japan before 1333
- Native arts of the Americas before 1300
- Africa before 1800
- Late medieval and early Renaissance Northern Europe
- The Renaissance in Quattrocento Italy
- Renaissance and mannerism in Cinquecento Italy
- High Renaissance and mannerism in Northern Europe and Spain
- The baroque in Italy and Spain
- The baroque in Northern Europe
- Rococo to neoclassicism: the 18th century in Europe and America
- Romanticism, realism, photography: Europe and America, 1800 to 1870
- Impressionism, post-impressionism, symbolism: Europe and America, 1870-1900
- Modernism in Europe and America, 1900 to 1945
- Modernism and postmoderism in Europe and America, 1945 to 1980
- Contemporary art worldwide
- South and Southeast Asia, 1200 to 1980
- China and Korea, 1279 to 1980
- Japan, 1336 to 1980
- Native arts of the Americas, 1300 to 1980
- Oceania before 1980
- Africa, 1800 to 1980.
- Publication date
- Fred S. Kleiner.
- Title Variation
- Art through the ages