Stepping up to stepping out : helping students prepare for life after college
- San Francisco : Jossey-Bass, 2012.
- Physical description
- 110 p. ; 23 cm.
- New directions for student services ; no. 138.
LB1027.5 .N4 NO.138
- Unknown LB1027.5 .N4 NO.138
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preparing students for after-college life : the context / Kelli K. Smith
- Engaging theories and models to inform practice / Amanda Kraus
- Pathway programs to life after college / Jim F. McAtee
- Four programmatic approaches to assisting students' transition from college / Amy Diepenbrock and Wanda Gibson
- Overview of curricular approaches / Cameo V. Hartz and Jill Parker
- Case studies of curricular approaches / Ann G. Mills and Janice Sutera
- Looking forward : new challenges and opportunities / Elizabeth J. Bushnell.
- "Undergraduate students come to college from a myriad of pathways for a variety of purposes, and the same can be said of them as they leave to head off into their next endeavors. Arguably, the most important goal of higher education is to prepare students to achieve their postcollege aspirations, and campuses typically pursue that goal through a combination of curricular and co-curricular programs and services for students.This issue offers readers a glimpse into contemporary context and practice related to helping students with their after-college transition from one form of education ... to the next, from education to the workforce, or from education to military service." -- p.  of cover.
- Publication date
- George S. McClellan and Jill Parker, editors.
- New directions for student services, 0164-7970 ; no. 138
- "Summer 2012."