Religion in public spaces : a European perspective
- Farnham, Surrey, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate Pub., 2012.
- Physical description
- xv, 391 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Cultural diversity and law in association with RELIGARE.
KJC5156 .R453 2012
- Unknown KJC5156 .R453 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Religion and rethinking the public-private divide : introduction / Marie-Claire Foblets
- Public and private, a moving border : a legal-historical perspective / Kjell Å. Modéer
- Socio-historical perspectives on the public and the private spheres / Adam Seligman
- The "public-private" divide on drift : what, if any, is its importance for analyzing limits of associational religious freedoms? / Veit Bader
- Religious freedom and the public-private divide : a broken promise in Europe? / Alessandro Ferrari
- The "public" and the "private" in the common law and civil law traditions and the regulation of religion / Jean-François Gaudreault-DesBiens and Noura Karazivan
- Contested normative cultures : gendered perspectives on religions and the public/private divide / Hanne Petersen
- Religion in the European public spaces : a legal overview / Silvio Ferrari
- From front-office to back-office: religious dress crossing the public-private divide in the workplace / Katayoun Alidadi
- Religious dress codes : the Turkish case / A. Emre Öktem amd Mehmet C. Uzun
- Religious dress codes : the United Kingdom case / Javier Garcia Oliva
- Religious dress codes : the Italian case / Sabrina Pastorelli
- Religious dress codes : the Bulgarian case / Maya Kosseva and Iva Kyurkchieva
- Comparing burqa debates in Europe: sartorial styles, religious prescriptions and political ideologies / Sara Silvestri
- The right to establish and maintain places of worship : the developments of its normative content under international human rights law / Noel G. Villaroman
- The places of worship in France and the public/private divide / Anne Fornerod
- "Stopp minarett"? : the controversy over the building of minarets in Switzerland / Vincenzo Pacillo
- Religious communities and their places of worship : a comparison between Bulgaria, Italy and the Netherlands / Tymen van der Ploeg.
- Publication date
- edited by Silvio Ferrari and Sabrina Pastorelli.
- Cultural diversity and law in association with RELIGARE