Advanced building technologies for sustainability
- Syed, Asif.
- Hoboken, N.J. : John Wiley & Sons, Inc., c2012.
- Physical description
- x, 245 p. : ill., map ; 24 cm.
TH880 .S94 2012
- Unknown TH880 .S94 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- ch. 1. Sustainability and energy
- ch. 2. Radiant cooling
- ch. 3. Displacement ventilation
- ch. 4. Chilled beams
- ch. 5. Underfloor air distribution (UFAD)
- ch. 6. Displacement induction units (DIU)
- ch. 7. High-performance envelope
- ch. 8. Thermal energy storage
- ch. 9. Solar energy and net-zero buildings
- ch. 10. Geothermal systems
- ch. 11. Cogeneration
- ch. 12. Data center sustainability.
- In this timely guide, one of the world's leaders in advanced building technology implementation shows architects and engineers proven and practical methods for implementing these technologies in sustainably-designed buildings. Because of the very limited time architects are given from being awarded a project to concept design, this book offers clear and workable solutions for implementing solar energy, radiant heating and cooling floors, displacement ventilation, net zero, and more. It provides helpful tips and suggestions for architects and engineers to work together on implementing these technologies, along with many innovative possibilities for developing a truly integrated design. This book also explores and explains the many benefits of advanced technologies, including reduced greenhouse gas emissions, lower operating costs, noise reduction, improved indoor air quality, and more.
- Publication date
- Asif Syed.