Key issues in education and social justice
LC213 .S64 2012
- Unknown LC213 .S64 2012
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -156) and index.
- An introduction to education and social justice
- Social justice and inequality
- Good schools for all: schooling and social justice
- Falling standards and failing students? inequalities in student outcomes
- Included or excluded? social justice and special educational needs
- Pupils' experiences of social justice in school
- Higher education and social justice
- Social justice and the learning society
- Concluding comments.
- "This book focuses on educational experience as a lifelong and society-wide issue. The author draws on research, policy, and contemporary thinking in the field to provide a comprehensive guide to the educational inequalities that may exist and persist throughout an individual's educational course. Providing an international perspective on different ethnic, gender, and social groups, the book covers a broad range of issues, including:theoretical, policy, and research developments; inequalities that may exist during the years of schooling; government policy; and beyond the school classroom."--Publisher's website.
- Publication date
- Emma Smith.
- Education studies: key issues