Key issues in education and social justice
LC213 .S64 2012
- Unknown LC213 .S64 2012
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -156) and index.
- An Introduction to Education and Social Justice Social Justice and Inequality Good Schools for All: Schooling and Social Justice Falling Standards and Failing Students? Inequalities in Student Outcomes Included or Excluded? Social Justice and Special Educational Needs Pupils' Experiences of Social Justice in School Higher Education and Social Justice Social Justice and the Learning Society Concluding Comments.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Inequalities can be experienced in different forms, from birth to school experiences to the many different modes of learning as we grow up. This book focuses on educational experience as a lifelong and society-wide issue. The author draws on research, policy and contemporary thinking in the field to provide a comprehensive guide to the educational inequalities that may exist and persist throughout an individual's educational course. Providing an international perspective on different ethnic, gender and social groups, the book covers a broad range of issues, including: " theoretical, policy and research developments in the area " inequalities that may exist during the years of schooling " government policy " beyond the school classroom This book is essential reading for undergraduate students on Education-Studies programmes. It is also useful for students on Masters and Initial Teacher Education programmes. Emma Smith is Reader in Education at the University of Birmingham.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Emma Smith.
- Education studies: key issues