- Publication date:
- 3rd ed. - Hoboken, N.J. : John Wiley & Sons, c2012.
- xiii, 779 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Specific Methods for the Destruction of Hazardous Chemicals in the Laboratory
- Methods for the Destruction of Pharmaceuticals in the Laboratory
- Nonspecific Methods for the Destruction of Hazardous Chemicals in the Laboratory
- Appendix II
- Molecular Formula Index
- CAS Registry Number Index
- Cross Index of Pharmaceutical Names
- Cross-Index of Names for Dyes and Biological Stains
- Name Index --.
"The book describes practical procedures for the destruction of hazardous chemicals and biological agents in the laboratory in which they are used. The book is a continuation and expansion of "Destruction of Hazardous Chemicals in the Laboratory." It follows the same general approach as the first and second editions but includes a number of new chapters including one on using advanced oxidation techniques as a general means of degrading chemicals. All the monographs from the second edition are incorporated in this volume and are revised and extended as necessary. A number of new monographs describing procedures for the destruction of hazardous chemicals have also been added.The destruction of many pharmaceuticals is also described in this book. This subject has become of increasing importance with recent reports of the detection of pharmaceuticals in the water supply. Finally a new addition is the chapter "General Methods for the Destruction of Hazardous Chemicals in the Laboratory." This chapter describes recent advanced oxidation methods that should be generally applicable to all organic compounds. The methods use commonly available laboratory equipment and reagents"--Provided by publisher.
Electronic reproduction. Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley InterScience, 2012. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on July 30, 2012). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Sansone, E. B. (Eric Brandfon), 1939-
Wiley InterScience (Online service)
- Available in another form:
Print version: Lunn, George. Destruction of hazardous chemicals in the laboratory. 3rd ed. Hoboken, N.J. : John Wiley & Sons, c2012 9780470487556 (DLC) 2011021002 (OCoLC)731191750