The politics of education reform in the Middle East : self and other in textbooks and curricula
- New York : Berghahn Books, 2012.
- Physical description
- ix, 275 p. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
LB3048 .A65 P65 2012
- Unknown LB3048 .A65 P65 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Educational reform in the Arab world: directives, mechanisms, and challenges in Lebanon, Syria, and Oman / Nemer Mansur Frayha
- Education reform in Oman: evolution of secondary school curricula / Salha Abdullah Issan
- Educational developments in Jordan from the 1950s until today: stages and characteristics / Mohammad Khalil Abbas
- Major trends of educational reform in Egypt / Iman Farag
- On the impossibility of teaching history in Lebanon: notes on a textbook controversy / Massoud Daher
- History textbooks in Egyptian schools: a tool for the representation of collective memory / Atef Botros
- Different layers of identity in Lebanese textbooks / Jonathan Kriener
- The philosophical foundations of education and the range of its implications for the content of civic education textbooks in Jordan / Mustafa Abu al-Sheikh and Yasser al-Khalailah
- Gender images in Jordanian textbooks in the subject field of social education / Naseema al-Khalidi
- Images of Europeans in Jordanian textbooks / Qasem al-Newashi
- History curricula and textbooks in Palestine: between nation building and quality education / Samira Alayan
- Bridging conflicts through history education?: a case study from Israel/Palestine / Achim Rohde.
- Publication date
- edited by Samira Alayan, Achim Rohde and Sarhan Dhouib.