Oyez [electronic resource] : U.S. Supreme Court media
- [Evanston, Ill.] : Northwestern University, c1996-
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- U.S. Supreme Court media
- Title in HTML header: Oyez Project at IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law : a multimedia archive of the Supreme Court of the United States
- ubtitle in HTML header: U.S. Supreme Court case summaries, oral arguments & multimedia <Oct. 4, 2007>
- At head of title: US Supreme Court multimedia database <Oct. 14, 2002>
- U.S. Supreme Court multimedia database
- US Supreme Court database
- Title in HTML header: Oyez oyez oyez <Oct. 14, 2002>
- Former Title
- Oyez Project, Northwestern University <Oct. 14, 2002>
- Title from title screen (viewed on Oct. 4, 2007).
- Devoted to the work of the United States Supreme Court, Oyez primarily aims to provide an audio record of the Supreme Court from 1955 to the present. Despite the emphasis on recent years, each year of the Court receives attention, back to 1792. Photos or portraits of each justice are included, along with birth and death dates, their lengths of service, and opinions they may have written. Information on each case includes an overview, the names of the advocates, tally of votes for and against a decision, the docket number, dates, and relevant issues. Media, when available, can be downloaded to an MP3 player, and a cite-this-page accompanies each page.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- RealAudio player required to listen to digital audio recordings.