Enhancing instructional problem solving : an efficient system for assisting struggling learners
- Begeny, John C.
- New York : The Guilford Press, , ©2012.
- Physical description
- xvi, 336 pages : illustrations ; 27 cm
- Guilford practical intervention in the schools series.
LC4705 .B45 2012
- Unknown LC4705 .B45 2012
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 319-330) and index.
- Part I: Preparing for Implementation. Introduction to the Systems-Oriented Plan for Academic Achievement. SOPAA Key Definitions, History, Components, and Roles. Preliminary Considerations for SOPAA Implementation. Part II: The Six SOPAA Components. Initial Steps of the TAPS Process: Requests for Academic Support and Preparation for the Intervention Planning Meeting. Secondary Steps of the TAPS Process: Intervention Planning, Follow-ups, and Summative Reviews of Intervention Effectiveness. Assessment for Instruction. Maximizing Implementation through Targeted Professional Development. Maximizing Intervention Delivery through Recruiting and Training School Volunteers. Obtaining Support for the SOPAA through Effective Communication with School Leaders. Obtaining and Sustaining Support for the SOPAA through Effective Communication with Teachers. Using the SOPAA with Multidisciplinary Co-Facilitators. Part III: Additional Information and Guidance. Evidence-Based and Learner-Verified Intervention Programs in Reading, Mathematics, and Writing. Case Illustrations of the SOPAA Implementation. Using the SOPAA to Support Graduate Students' Training and Applied Experiences in Schools.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book presents a schoolwide model of instructional support designed to make the most of available time, resources, and personnel - one that is also fully compatible with other problem-solving models, such as response to intervention. The authors provide a comprehensive and cohesive framework for linking assessment and intervention. They show how to interweave evidence-based instruction with targeted professional development and other components that support improved learning outcomes for all K-8 students. Helpful tables describe dozens of research-based assessments and interventions in reading, writing, and math. In a large-size format with lay-flat binding to facilitate photocopying, the volume includes more than 20 reproducible worksheets and forms. The companion website features additional reproducibles and supplemental materials for use in conjunction with the book.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- John C. Begeny, Ann C. Schulte, Kent Johnson.
- The Guilford practical intervention in the schools series