Enhancing instructional problem solving : an efficient system for assisting struggling learners
- Begeny, John C.
- New York : The Guilford Press, , ©2012.
- Physical description
- xvi, 336 pages : illustrations ; 27 cm
- Guilford practical intervention in the schools series.
LC4705 .B45 2012
- Unknown LC4705 .B45 2012
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 319-330) and index.
- Introduction to the systems-oriented plan for academic achievement
- SOPAA key definitions, history, components, and roles
- Preliminary considerations for SOPAA implementation
- Initial steps of the TAPS process: requests for academic support and preparation for the intervention planning meeting
- Secondary steps of the TAPS process: intervention planning, follow-ups, and summative reviews of interventions effectiveness
- Assessment for instruction
- Maximizing implementation through targeted professional development
- Maximizing intervention delivery through recruiting and raining school volunteers
- Obtaining support for the SOPAA through effective communication with school leaders
- Obtaining nd sustaining support for the SOPAA through effective communication with teachers
- Using the SOPAA with multidisciplinary co-facilitators
- Evidence-based and learner-verified intervention programs in reading, mathematics, and writing
- Case illustrations of SOPAA implementation
- USing the SOPAA to support graduate students' training and applied experiences in schools.
- This book presents a schoolwide model of instructional support designed to make the most of available time, resources, and personnel--one that is also fully compatible with other problem-solving models, such as response to intervention. The authors provide a comprehensive and cohesive framework for linking assessment and intervention. They show how to interweave evidence-based instruction with targeted professional development and other components that support improved learning outcomes for all K-8 students. --from publisher description
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- John C. Begeny, Ann C. Schulte, Kent Johnson.
- The Guilford practical intervention in the schools series