The place of music in the 21st century : a global view
- New York : Teachers College, Columbia University, 
- Physical description
- vi, 218 p. ; 23 cm.
- Yearbook of the National Society for the Study of Education ; 111th, pt. 1.
370.6 .N28 V.111:PT.1
- Unknown 370.6 .N28 V.111:PT.1
- Includes bibliographical references.
- A history of education in music / Richard Colwell
- What does music mean, and can music education really matter? / Paul Woodford
- Music, policy, and place-centered education: finding space for adaptability / Patrick K. Schmidt
- Including adulthood in music education perspectives and policy: a lifespan view / David E. Myers
- Key challenges to collegiate music education programs in North America / Patrick M. Jones
- Music in higher education after the Bologna Treaty: or, in search of a new educational culture / Graça Mota
- Popular music in a 21st century education / Carlos Xavier Rodriguez
- Utopian visions: emancipatory possibilities / Cathy Benedict
- Social networking and democratic practices as spheres for innovative musical learning / Cecilia Ferm Thorgersen and Eva Georgii-Hemming
- Digital artistry and mediation: (re)mixing music education / Lauri Väkevä
- Ubiquitous music learning in a postperformance world / Matthew D. Thibeault.
- Publication date
- Cathy Benedict, Patrick K. Schmidt, editors.
- Title Variation
- Place of music in the twenty-first century
- 111th Yearbook
- National Society for the Study of Education, 0077-5762 ; 111th yearbook, issue 1