Challenging ableism, understanding disability, including adults with disabilities in workplaces and learning spaces
- San Francisco : Jossey-Bass, c2011.
- Physical description
- 110 p. ; 23 cm.
- New directions for adult and continuing education ; no. 132.
LC4812 .C435 2011
- Unknown LC4812 .C435 2011
- Rocco, Tonette S., 1954-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Editor's notes / Tonette S. Rocco
- Shifting lenses : a critical examination of disability in adult education / Tonette S. Rocco, Antonio Delgado
- Getting to know you : the prospect of challenging ableism through adult learning / Margaret A. McLean
- Conducting research with the disability community : a rights-based approach / Kelly M. Munger, Donna M. Mertens
- When the black dog barks : an autoethnography of adult learning in and on clinical depression / Stephen Brookfield
- Alterity : learning polyvalent selves, resisting disabling notions of the self / Wayland Walker
- Learning and adaptation after diagnosis : the role of parent education / Thomas G. Reio, Jr., Sandra L. Fornes
- Challenges and opportunities of Operation Enduring Freedom/Operation Iraqi Freedom veterans with disabilities transitioning into learning and workplace environments / Fariba Ostovary, Janet Dapprich
- Revisiting debates on learning disabilities in adult education / Alisa Belzer, Jovita Ross-Gordon
- Americans with Disabilities Act as amended : principles and practice / Lorenzo Bowman
- Moving forward : two paradigms and takeaways / Tonette S. Rocco.
- Disability can affect adults across the life span--and it is the one minority group every person could join. This sourcebook aims to broaden the view of disability from a medical or economic concern to a social justice concern.
- Publication date
- Tonette S. Rocco, editor.
- New directions for adult and continuing education, 1052-2891 ; no. 132 (winter 2011)
- "Winter 2011."