Between the lines : a novel
- Picoult, Jodi, 1966-
- 1st Simon Pulse/Emily Bestler Books/Atria Books hardcover ed.
- New York : Simon Pulse/Emily Bestler Books/Atria, 2012.
- Physical description
- xi, 352 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
PS3566 .I372 B48 2012
- Unknown PS3566 .I372 B48 2012
- Publisher's Summary
- New York Times "bestselling author Jodi Picoult and her teenage daughter present their first-ever novel for teens, filled with romance, adventure, and humor. What happens when happily ever after...isn't? Delilah is a bit of a loner who prefers spending her time in the school library with her head in a book--one book in particular. Between the Lines" may be a fairy tale, but it feels real. Prince Oliver is brave, adventurous, and loving. He really speaks to Delilah. And then one day Oliver actually speaks to her. Turns out, Oliver is more than a one-dimensional storybook prince. He's a restless teen who feels trapped by his literary existence and hates that his entire life is predetermined. He's sure there's more for him out there in the real world, and Delilah might just be his key to freedom. Delilah and Oliver work together to attempt to get Oliver out of his book, a challenging task that forces them to examine their perceptions of fate, the world, and their places in it. And as their attraction to each other grows along the way, a romance blossoms that is anything but a fairy tale.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Books and reading > Fiction.
- Fairy tales > Fiction.
- Princes > Fiction.
- High schools > Fiction.
- Schools > Fiction.
- Mothers and daughters > Fiction.
- Mothers and daughters > Juvenile fiction.
- Princes > Juvenile fiction.
- Books and reading > Juvenile fiction.
- High schools > Juvenile fiction.
- Young adult fiction.
- Publication date
- Jodi Picoult & Samantha van Leer ; illustrations by Yvonne Gilbert & Scott M. Fischer.