Guidelines for auditing process safety management systems [electronic resource]
- 2nd ed.
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley ; [New York] : Center for Chemical Process Safety of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers, c2011.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (liii, 900 p.) : ill.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Acronyms. Glossary. Acknowledgements. Preface. User's Guide to the Second Edition. Executive Summary. Introduction. Guidance for Chapter 3-24. Process Safety Management Audit Programs. 1.1 Process Safety Management (PSM) Audits and Programs. 1.2 PSM Audit Program Scope. 1.3 PSM Audit Program Guidance. 1. 4 PSM Audit Frequency and Scheduling. 1.5 PSM Audit Staffing. 1.6 Certification of Auditors. 1.7 PSM Audit Criteria and Protocols. 1.8 Audit Reporting. 1.9 Audit Follow-up. 1.10 Quality Assurance. 1.11 Summary. Conducting Process Safety Management Program Audits. 2.1 Audit Planning. 2.2 On-site Audit Activities. 2.3 Gathering, Recording, and Evaluating Audit Data and Information. 2.4 Post-Audit Activities. 2.5 Summary. PSM Applicability. 3.1 Overview. 3.2 Audit Criteria and Guidance. 3.3 Audit Protocol. Process Safety Culture. 4.1 Overview. 4.2 Audit Criteria and Guidance. 4.3 Posing Questions to Audit Process Safety Culture. 4.4 Audit Protocol. Compliance with Standards. 5.1 Overview. 5.2 Audit Criteria and Guidance. 5.3 Audit Protocol. Process Safety Competency. 6.1 Overview. 6.2 Audit Criteria and Guidance. 6.3 Audit Protocol. Workforce Involvement . 7.1 Overview. 7.2 Audit Criteria and Guidance. 7.3 Audit Protocol. Stakeholder Outreach. 8.1 Overview. 8.2 Audit Criteria and Guidance. 8.3 Audit Protocol. Process Knowledge Management. 9.1 Overview. 9.2 Audit Criteria and Guidance. 9.3 Audit Protocol. Hazard Identification and Risk Analysis. 10.1 Overview. 10.2 Audit Criteria and Guidance. 103. Audit Protocol. Operating Procedures. 11.1 Overview. 11.2 Audit Criteria and Guidance. 11.3 Audit Protocol. Safe Work Practices . 12.1 Overview. 12.2 Audit Criteria and Guidance. 12.3 Audit Protocol. Asset Integrity and Reliability. 13.1 Overview. 13.2 Audit Criteria and Guidance. 13.3 Audit Protocol. Contractor Management. 14.1 Overview. 14.2 Audit Criteria and Guidance. 14.3 Audit Protocol. Training and Performance Assurance. 15.1 Overview. 15.2 Audit Criteria and Guidance. 15.3 Audit Protocol. Management of Change. 16.1 Overview. 16.2 Audit Criteria and Guidance. 16.3 Audit Protocol. Operational Readiness. 17.1 Overview. 17.2 Audit Criteria and Guidance. 17.3 Audit Protocol. Conduct of Operations. 18.1 Overview. 18.2 Audit Criteria and Guidance. 18.3 Audit Protocol. Emergency Management. 19.1 Overview. 19.2 Audit Criteria and Guidance. 19.3 Audit Protocol. Incident Investigation. 20.1 Overview. 20.2 Audit Criteria and Guidance. 20.3 Audit Protocol. Measurement and Metrics. 21.1 Overview. 21.2 Related Criteria. 21.3 Voluntary Consensus PSM Programs. 21.4 Audit Protocol. Auditing. 22.1 Overview. 22.2 Audit Criteria and Guidance. 22.3 Audit Protocol. Management Review and Continuous Improvement. 23.1 Overview. 23.2 Audit Criteria and Guidance. 23.3 Voluntary Consensus PSM Programs. 23.4 Audit Protocol. Risk Management Programs. 24.1 Overview. 24.2 Audit Criteria and Guidance. 24.3 Audit Protocol. Appendices. Appendix A: PSM Audit Protocol. Appendix B: PSM Audit Report Templates. Appendix C: Sample PSM Audit Certifications. Appendix D: PSM Audit Plan Templates. Appendix E: Interview Questions for Nonmanagement Personnel. Appendix F: PSM Audit Planning Questionnaire. Appendix G: Integrated Contingency Plan (ICP) Audit Protocol. Appendix H: International PSM Audits. Appendix I: PSM Audit Dilemmas. Appendix J: PSM Audits During Mergers and Acquisitions. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book discusses the fundamental skills, techniques, and tools of auditing, and the characteristics of a good process safety management system. A variety of approaches are given so the reader can select the best methodology for a given audit. This book updates the original CCPS Auditing Guideline project since the implementation of OSHA PSM regulation, and is accompanied by an online download featuring checklists for both the audit program and the audit itself. This package offers a vital resource for process safety and process development personnel, as well as related professionals like insurers.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Center for Chemical Process Safety.
- Available in another form
- Print version: Guidelines for auditing process safety management systems. 2nd ed. Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley ; [New York] : Center for Chemical Process Safety of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers, c2011 9780470282359 (DLC) 2010045224 (OCoLC)672300119