Guidelines for auditing process safety management systems [electronic resource]
- 2nd ed.
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley ; [New York] : Center for Chemical Process Safety of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers, c2011.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (liii, 900 p.) : ill.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Front Matter
- Process Safety Management Audit Programs
- Conducting Process Safety Management Program Audits
- PSM Applicability
- Process Safety Culture
- Compliance with Standards
- Process Safety Competency
- Workforce Involvement
- Stakeholder Outreach
- Process Knowledge Management
- Hazard Identification and Risk Analysis
- Operating Procedures
- Safe Work Practices
- Asset Integrity and Reliability
- Contractor Management
- Training and Performance Assurance
- Management of Change
- Operational Readiness
- Conduct of Operations
- Emergency Management
- Incident Investigation
- Measurement and Metrics
- Management Review and Continuous Improvement
- Risk Management Programs
- Appendix A: PSM Audit Protocol
- Appendix B: PSM Audit Report Templates
- Appendix C: Sample PSM Audit Certifications
- Appendix D: PSM Audit Plan Templates
- Appendix E: Interview Questions for Nonmanagement Personnel
- Appendix F: PSM Audit Planning Questionnaire
- Appendix G: Integrated Contingency Plan (ICP) Audit Protocol
- Appendix H: International PSM Audits
- Appendix I: PSM Audit Dilemmas
- Appendix J: PSM Audits During Mergers and Acquisitions
- "Whether your company is large or small, whether you are experienced with auditing or just developing a system, consistent use of the techniques presented can significantly improve your audit and your process safety management. This book discusses the fundamental skills, techniques, and tools of auditing, and the characteristics of a good process safety management system. A variety of approaches are given so the reader can select the methodology best suited for a given audit. Since information needed for review in the audit may be scattered or undocumented, it offers suggestions on what to look for and where to look for it"-- Provided by publisher.
- Publication date
- Center for Chemical Process Safety.
- Available in another form
- Print version: Guidelines for auditing process safety management systems. 2nd ed. Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley ; [New York] : Center for Chemical Process Safety of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers, c2011 9780470282359 (DLC) 2010045224 (OCoLC)672300119