Hershey, Pa. : IGI Global (701 E. Chocolate Avenue, Hershey, Pennsylvania, 17033, USA), 2011.
1 online resource (369 p.) : digital files, ill.
Description based HTML home page (IGI Global, viewed November 19, 2011).
Includes bibliographical references.
1. A paradigm shift towards urban resilience / Ozge Yalciner Ercoskun
2. Sustainable urbanism revisited: a holistic framework based on tradition and contemporary orientations / Derya Oktay
3. Sustainable and equitable urbanism: the role of ICT in ecological culture change and poverty alleviation / Abby Spinak and Federico Casalegno
4. An advanced triple-helix network model for smart cities performance / Patrizia Lombardi ... [et al.]
5. The first ecological steps in architectural utopias: the "nature" of imaginary smart cities / Akin Sevinc
6. Towards zero energy buildings (ZEB): the role of environmental technologies / Paris A. Fokaides
7. Energy efficient residential block design: the case of Ankara / Hakan Hisarligil and Sule Karaaslan
8. Technologies in urban design practice: integrating environmental design considerations / Yan Zhu and Tim Heath
9. Eco-methodology for urban and transport planning for the future eco-technology / Hermann Knoflacher and Ebru Vesile Ocalir
10. Creating smart cities with intelligent transportation solutions: experiences from Singapore / Leo Tan Wee Hin and R. Subramaniam
11. Urban environmental applications of GIScience: challenges and new trends / Buket Aysegul Ozbakir
12. An approach for land-use suitability assessment using decision support systems, AHP and GIS / Erkan Polat
13. "Green infrastructure" concept as an effective medium to manipulating sustainable urban development / Adnan Kaplan
14. Natural resources conservation in the influence areas of cities: a case study on Bucharest, Romania / Mihai Nita ... [et al.]
15. The sustainable waterfront / Matthew Bradbury
16. A theory for sustainability of townscape: typomorphology / Tan Kamil Gurer
17. Eco-municipalities and municipal applications for sustainability / Seda H. Bostanci
18. Transition model: a methodology for adapting the cities to ecological and economical challenges / Aysen Eren
19. Local commitment: an approach to sustainable neighbourhood renewal? / Laure Heland.
"This book addresses the ecological, technological, and social challenges faced in the smart urban planning and design of settlements when using eco-technologies - from sustainable land use to transportation, and from green areas to municipal applications - with a focus on resilience"--Provided by publisher.