Green and ecological technologies for urban planning [electronic resource] : creating smart cities
- Hershey, Pa. : IGI Global (701 E. Chocolate Avenue, Hershey, Pennsylvania, 17033, USA), 2011.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (369 p.) : digital files, ill.
- Ercoskun, Ozge Yalciner, 1977-
- Includes bibliographical references.
- 1. A paradigm shift towards urban resilience / Ozge Yalciner Ercoskun
- 2. Sustainable urbanism revisited: a holistic framework based on tradition and contemporary orientations / Derya Oktay
- 3. Sustainable and equitable urbanism: the role of ICT in ecological culture change and poverty alleviation / Abby Spinak and Federico Casalegno
- 4. An advanced triple-helix network model for smart cities performance / Patrizia Lombardi ... [et al.]
- 5. The first ecological steps in architectural utopias: the "nature" of imaginary smart cities / Akin Sevinc
- 6. Towards zero energy buildings (ZEB): the role of environmental technologies / Paris A. Fokaides
- 7. Energy efficient residential block design: the case of Ankara / Hakan Hisarligil and Sule Karaaslan
- 8. Technologies in urban design practice: integrating environmental design considerations / Yan Zhu and Tim Heath
- 9. Eco-methodology for urban and transport planning for the future eco-technology / Hermann Knoflacher and Ebru Vesile Ocalir
- 10. Creating smart cities with intelligent transportation solutions: experiences from Singapore / Leo Tan Wee Hin and R. Subramaniam
- 11. Urban environmental applications of GIScience: challenges and new trends / Buket Aysegul Ozbakir
- 12. An approach for land-use suitability assessment using decision support systems, AHP and GIS / Erkan Polat
- 13. "Green infrastructure" concept as an effective medium to manipulating sustainable urban development / Adnan Kaplan
- 14. Natural resources conservation in the influence areas of cities: a case study on Bucharest, Romania / Mihai Nita ... [et al.]
- 15. The sustainable waterfront / Matthew Bradbury
- 16. A theory for sustainability of townscape: typomorphology / Tan Kamil Gurer
- 17. Eco-municipalities and municipal applications for sustainability / Seda H. Bostanci
- 18. Transition model: a methodology for adapting the cities to ecological and economical challenges / Aysen Eren
- 19. Local commitment: an approach to sustainable neighbourhood renewal? / Laure Heland.
- Publisher's Summary
- Ecological and technological (eco-tech) planning provides a possible response to the essential issues of sustainability and rehabilitation in rapidly growing urban spaces. Green and Ecological Technologies for Urban Planning: Creating Smart Cities addresses the ecological, technological, and social challenges faced in the smart urban planning and design of settlements when using eco-technologies -- from sustainable land use to transportation, and from green areas to municipal applications -- with a focus on resilience. Containing research from leading international experts, this book provides comprehensive coverage and definitions of the most important issues, concepts, trends, and technologies within the planning field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Ozge Yalciner Ercoskun, editor.
- Description based HTML home page (IGI Global, viewed November 19, 2011).
- Available in another form
- Print version: Green and ecological technologies for urban planning. Hershey, PA : Information Science Reference, 2012 1613504535 9781613504536 (DLC) 2011038334