Mapping comprehensive units to the ELA common core standards, K-5
- Glass, Kathy Tuchman.
- Thousand Oaks : Corwin Press, c2012.
- Physical description
- xvii, 236 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm
LB1576 .G4748 2012
- Unknown LB1576 .G4748 2012
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 227-228) and index.
- List of Figures Foreword by Cindy A. Strickland Acknowledgments About the Author Introduction 1. Standards and Knowledge 2. Essential Understandings and Guiding Questions 3. Unit Template With Examples 4. Assessments 5. Skills, Activities, Formative Assessments, and Resources 6. Differentiated Instruction 7. Lesson Design Resource: A Brief Primer on the ELA Common Core Standards References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- "Mapping Comprehensive Units to the English Lanuguage Arts Common Core Standards, K-5" introduces educators to the benefits and key points of the English Language Arts (ELA) standards and shows how they can use them to plan effective curriculum. The learning curve to transition to these standards is significant, in order for states to be primed for the performance assessment of 2014, and training is essential. Districts, county offices of education, and professional development groups are currently introducing these new standards and beginning to train teachers about their implementation. This book will provide the help they need for the elementary ELA standards. Author and consultant Kathy Glass provides practical and accessible tools for developing a comprehensive unit map, including: a primer on the elementary ELA common core standards; examples of unit curriculum maps and assessments; exercises to help with every step of the process; ideas for differentiation; and, dozens of reproducible templates, rubrics, and forms.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Kathy Tuchman Glass ; foreword by Cindy A. Strickland.