The dialectics of African education and Western discourses : counter-hegemonic perspectives
- New York : P. Lang, c2012.
- Physical description
- viii, 206 p. : ill ; 23 cm.
- Black studies & critical thinking ; v. 21.
LB45 .D46 2012
- Unknown LB45 .D46 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introducing the dialectics of African education and Western discourses: appropriation, ambivalence, and alternatives / Handel K. Wright & Ali A. Abdi
- Eurocentric discourses and African philosophies and epistemologies of education: counter-hegemonic analyses and responses / Ali A. Abdi
- Ubuntu, African epistemology and development: contributions, contradictions, tensions and possibilities / Dalene Swanson
- Inkumbulo as remembering, communing, and praxis: retelling the stories of transformation and learning / Nombuso Dlamini
- Integrating African indigenous knowledge in Kenya's formal education system: the potential for sustainable development / Jenipher A. Owuor
- Reframing African Higher education / Michael Kariwo
- Re-culturing teacher education in Africa / Musembi Nungu
- Reframing and indigenizing science education in Africa / Samson M. Nashon
- African ways of knowing: rethinking pedagogy in Africa / Constantine Ngara
- Linguistic independence and African education and development / Edward Shizha
- Cultural games and mathematics education in Ghana: a theoretical analysis
- Michael nabie
- Is this an African I see before me?: Black/African identity and the politics of (Western, academic) knowledge / Handel Kashope Wright.
- Publication date
- edited by Handel Kashope Wright & Ali A. Abdi.
- Black studies & critical thinking, 1947-5985 ; v. 21